This Website is operated by Maharishi Foundation Technologies (“MFT”), a Delaware public benefit corporation with contact address 1900 Capital Blvd., Fairfield, Iowa 52556, United States. We (“we”) are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
When you interact with us through the Website, hereafter referred to as (“Website”), you are trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information.
- Information we may collect from you
- Confidentiality and security
- Legal basis for processing
- Newsletters or other electronic communications
- Tracking technologies
- Where we store and transfer your personal information
- Uses made of the information
- Disclosure of your information
- How long we keep your personal information
- Referral to Maharishi Technologies of Consciousness Expert
- Links to other sites
- Social Media Widgets
- Your rights
- Contact us
1. Information we may collect from you
An exhaustive list of information collected from you is included in Appendix A.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal information. Personal information submitted through inquiry forms, questionnaires, etc., from which we may collect personal information submitted by you in your participation with us for Consciousness Advisor* services, including:
- your name
- email address
- telephone number
- the nature of your inquiry
- payment information
- personal interests, motivation, life goals, and core beliefs
- interest in Maharishi Technologies of Consciousness* programs, services and products (“MTC Programs”)
- Consciousness Journey Assessment Questionnaire. The information collected from the Consciousness Journey Assessment Questionnaire (located on an external website) requires your explicit consent. The consent form for this is immediately below the questionnaire.
- Website usage information. Information about your usage of the Website and information collected by tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) as further described below that may identify you as an individual or enable online or offline contact with you as an individual.
- Information collected via tracking technologies. Fully described in Section 4 below.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your personal information and the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our services if that information is necessary to provide you with them or if we are legally required to collect it.
2. Confidentiality and security
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. We do not provide your personal information to any third party except as described in Section 8 below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
3. Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for collecting and using your personal information depends on the type of information and why we collected it. We collect and use personal information for the following reasons only:
- Contract. We need the information to perform our contract with you (such as to provide services that you have requested from us).
- Legitimate Interests. We have a legitimate interest that does not outweigh your privacy rights (such as providing customer service communications). When we collect and process information based on our legitimate interests, we consider how we can accomplish what we need to in a way that is the least obtrusive to your privacy.
- Legal Obligations. We need to use your personal information to comply with a law enforcement preservation request, subpoena, or other legal process or to protect the rights of other users.
- Consent. We may ask for your consent for a specific purpose (such as collecting your information from the Consciousness Journey Assessment Questionnaire). If we do, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not apply to any processing conducted before such withdrawal and/or in reliance on lawful processing bases other than consent.
4. Newsletters or other electronic communications
If you sign up to receive email newsletters or promotional materials from us, we will use the information you give us to provide the communications you have requested.
If you inform us that you wish to cancel email newsletters or promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by contacting us, we will remove you from our mailing list.
If you provide your phone number through the Website, you may receive a phone call or a text reminder message indicating the date and time of the event you signed up for.
5. Tracking technologies
Our organizations and analytics partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable tracking of our Website and the mechanism by which you arrived there, either through Internet search or in response to an advertisement through third-party providers such as Facebook or Google. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities within the Website to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We currently do not respond to “do-not-track” signals. For more information about interest-based ads, including how to “opt out” of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads on these third-party platforms. You may also “opt-out” of receiving ads across devices by adjusting your ad preference in your Google account.
The Website uses Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Website and the volume of usage of the Website. This is done to ensure that the Website is available when you want it and is fast. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
When you use our Website, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs.
- details of how you used our service, such as which pages you visited;
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
6. Where we store and transfer your information.
All information you provide to us through the Website is stored on our secure servers located in Ireland. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment information is stored with our payment processor and is never stored on our servers.
MFT is based in the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be sent to the United States or other countries where we or our service providers maintain facilities.
When we transfer personal information across country borders, we comply with applicable legal requirements. For instance, we may transfer your personal information to countries for which adequacy decisions have been issued or use contractual protections for the transfer of personal information; for example, Maharishi Foundation International (“MFI"), an affiliated US organization, who is a co-data controller with us, has signed with us the appropriate EU standard contractual clause, a copy of which can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
7. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content provided by the Website is presented most effectively for you and on your computer or other device.
- To provide you with information, products, or services related to our service offering that you have requested from us.
- To provide you with information that may interest you, provided you have ticked the “opt-in tick-box”. You may request that we no longer provide information by using the “unsubscribe” option in emails or by contacting us directly by email (as stated in Section 14).
- To provide you with customer service communications.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or news about Consciousness Advisor services.
- To serve our advertisements to you through third-party platforms, such as Facebook or Google, and on other sites and apps or across your devices, which may also be done by uploading email address lists to create custom or look-alike audiences.
- We collect information about the sum(s) you have paid to MTC providers for their services in order to facilitate the financial arrangements between MFT, Consciousness Advisors, and the providers related to the MTC services they delivered to you.
- To provide you with text messages.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys we use for research purposes, although you are not obligated to respond.
- Details of your visits to and interactions with the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise and the resources you access.
- To run internal analyses to examine the effectiveness of various initiatives that may be run in conjunction with partner organizations with which we have data processor agreements. The partner organization will never contact you unless you have provided your personal information personally and directly to them.
8. Disclosure of your information
As part of any normal business practice, we may disclose your personal information to any employee, volunteer or contractor working for our organization.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested from such party or fulfill a request for information from such party. An example of this is the text service. It is the responsibility of any third party that you authorize to receive data to protect that information in accordance with applicable laws and to use it only to provide the services or information you requested.
- If our service providers (like hosting, market analytics, and payment service providers) require this information to provide services to us.
- With third parties, such as Facebook, to serve our advertisements on third-party platforms.
- Based on your consent, we will also share your name and email address with an affiliate that, from time to time, may send you information about MTC Programs relevant to your interest in the development of consciousness. You will be able to unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- We will obtain your purchase expenditure(s) from our service providers or affiliates in order to determine the referral compensation due to your Consciousness Advisor expert.
We require any person working for us, any service provider, third party, or affiliate to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information disclosed to them.
9. How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information for different periods depending on why we collected it and how we use it; however, we keep it only as long as the data is accurate, necessary and relevant to maintain our legitimate business operations and/or meet our legal obligations.
If you have purchased something from us, we may need to keep your information for ongoing operational purposes. Our standard procedure is to retain your information unless you request it be removed from our database.
If you have never purchased anything from us, then we will keep your information for the standard period of three years. We will automatically delete your information if we have not interacted with you during this time.
10. Referral to Maharishi Technologies of Consciousness Expert
Based on the advisors' recommendations to you and your stated desire to pursue those recommendations, we may need to disclose your personal information to a Maharishi Technologies of Consciousness Expert (“MTC Expert”) so that they may contact you about providing advanced MTC Programs to you. Prior to disclosing your personal information, you will be asked to sign a consent form describing the personal information to be shared with the MTC Expert.
11. Links to other sites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these external websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them or their policies. Please check these policies before submitting personal information to these external websites.
12. Social Media Widgets
Our Website may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, widgets, such as the “Share This” button, or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your Internet protocol address and which page you are visiting on our Website and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
13. Your rights
Right of access
If you would like to know which information we hold for you, please contact us and mention the email address you used to register initially, and we will inform you which information we currently have on file for you. You may also request to receive a copy of your personal information or have it sent to a party you designate.
Right to rectification
If you would like to correct the information we hold for you, please contact us and mention the email address you used to register initially. State the incorrect information and how it should be corrected. We will correct your information and inform you when it is done.
Right to erasure
If you would like to permanently delete your information from our database, please contact us and mention the email address you used to register initially, and the support team will delete your information from our database manually.
We will not delete information necessary to comply with legal obligations, including for the exercise or defense of a legal claim required to perform a contract, complete a transaction, or further the existing relationship.
Right to restriction of processing
You can ask us to (temporarily) stop using your personal information, for example, where you think that the personal information we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you believe that we no longer need to use your personal information.
Right to data portability
You may have the right to request us to transmit the personal information you provided to a third party of your choice.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, which is based on our legitimate interests. Unless we have overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, we will stop processing your personal information if you object.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will stop the further processing of your personal information, which is based on consent, as soon as possible after the withdrawal. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights and that we may not be required to comply with your request.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you believe that the processing of your personal information violates data protection law.
14. Contact us
Cookies are small text files – containing nothing more than letters and numbers – which are downloaded by your computer or mobile device when you access and use certain websites. Cookies allow websites to recognize devices and provide content accordingly.
Please click here to manage your cookie preferences.
1. Accepting/disabling specific cookies
We provide an “opt-in” consent banner for cookies set by this Website, which includes an explanation of their purpose. Please see Appendix B for how to “opt-in” and the latest version of all cookies in use, with the details of type, name, provider, purpose, and duration of each cookie.
Below, we explain the cookies we use and why, based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories – Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality, and Marketing. The information is updated regularly, but if a discrepancy is found, please contact us.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These include session and load balancer cookies. Our Website may use a load balancer to store an identifier on your browser to ensure that, where possible, you remain connected to the same web server throughout your visit to improve your experience. Session cookies enable our web servers to keep track of your progress throughout your visit. These cookies expire when you leave the Website and contain no personally identifiable information.
Google Analytics is a free service provided by Google which uses several cookies. The cookies set by Google Analytics help us gather information about how this Website is used by its visitors. The information is not personally identifiable. We use this to help us improve services and to better understand your requirements. More information on the cookies set through our use of Google Analytics can be found on Google’s Cookies & Google Analytics page. If you wish to disable these cookies, please use the “opt-out” browser add-on supplied by Google. You can also alternatively set your browser to reject all or certain cookies. Disabling cookies set by Google Analytics will provide no reduced service to you; however, we will not be able to capture detailed information about the experience of our users online, and we will not be able to track and improve the level of service our Website is providing to users.
These are used to bring social sharing functionality to the site.
As part of our marketing effort, we use third-party software on our Website, which sends information to third parties about your visit to our Website so that they can make their advertising more relevant to you. The third-party software may use marketing cookies.
Some of our web pages contain embedded video content from YouTube. When you visit a page with an embedded YouTube video or click to view the video, you may be presented with cookies from YouTube. We do not control the setting of these cookies. To find out more, please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To learn more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices/
Please see Appendix B for a full list of our cookies with details of type, name, provider, purpose, and duration of each cookie.
3. Contact us
Personal Information Collected and Consent Form
1. Information collected by the client management system
Website referral information
Event booking information
CA Intro Talk
Location details (optional)
Address (optional if different from standard address)
CA Intro talk registration
First Name & Last name
Telephone number (optional for client to disclose)
Number of people attending Intro Talk
Date, time, and location for CA Intro Talk registered for (or data subjects have the option not to select a specific CA Intro talk but request to be kept posted of future dates and times Send confirmation email (Y/N)
Date and time of the registration
Thank you form after registration
Age range (optional)
Areas of benefits of CAS of special interest to the person but are no indication of the data subject’s health condition or status (optional)
Date & time of form submission
CA Intro Talk Information (collection and input of information by Data Controller and recorded in the CRM)
CA Introductory Lecture attended Y/N
Follow-up emails for attendees and non-attendees sent (based on manual instruction from Data Controller team member)
Interview status (filled out form, interview booked, interviewed)
Date and starting time, and duration for instruction slots per teacher
Location (optional if location different from normal)
Phone (to be decided by Data Controller CRM admin user whether optional or not)
Address (street, city, country) (to be decided by Data Controller CRM admin user whether optional or not)
CA Session selected
Time slot for CA session and CA selected
Send confirmation email (Y/N)
Date and time of Session Registration
CA Session information (collection and input of information by team members from Data Controller and recorded in the CRM)
Learned TM Y/N
Previous CA Session Y/N
Total Session fee committed to
Part of Session fee already paid
Information on how Session fee was paid
Interview status filled out form, interview booked, interviewed)
Notes on Session Registration
Information locked Y/N
Custom fields (to be decided by Data Controller what these fields are)
Address (street, city, country)
Nearest TM center
Description of why the data subject wants CA Session
Type of scholarship requested (select from options)
Details of financial situation
Date and time of form submission
Scholarship information (collection and input of information by team members from Data Controller and recorded in CRM)
Scholarship application Status (Approved, Rejected, Wait-listed)
Ranking of CAS as an investment (select from options)
Short general description of experience with CA Sessions
Benefits experienced (select from a list of benefits and optionally add short description)
Degree of anonymity preferred when publishing testimonies (select from options)
OK to be contacted by people interested in CAS (select from options)
Date and time of form submission
Data Controller can organize and develop content for various email templates that can be automatically triggered by the CRM system or upon specific instruction on various occasions.
Various analytical reports based on other data in the CRM system (e.g., recommendation to increase or decrease daily advertising budget based on seats to be filled, historical rate of seats filled, cost per seat, maximum daily marketing budget, etc.)
Credit card information (this is handled by a third party; we do not have access to your credit card information at any time).
2. Information collected from the Consciousness Journey Assessment QuestionnaireConsciousness Journey Assessment - Privacy Notice and Consent Form
Maharishi Foundation Technologies (MFT) which provides Consciousness Advisor services to you, and Maharishi Foundation International (MFI), which conducts quality control for the Consciousness Advisor program, collect and use your personal information, including your responses to this questionnaire in order to support you with recommendations for your greater wellbeing in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will only use your responses to this questionnaire if you tick the following checkbox:
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at Maharishi Foundation Technologies, 1900 Capital Blvd., Fairfield, IA 52556, USA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that withdrawing your consent will not affect the use of your information before such withdrawal.
We will not share your responses to this questionnaire with other individuals or organizations without your permission, including public organizations, corporations, or individuals, except when applicable by law, as stated below. We do not sell, communicate, or divulge your information to any mailing list.
We may disclose your responses to this questionnaire when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
Even though MFT and MFI are global organizations based in the US, we both adhere to the strictest rules of data privacy (EU GDPR) and have signed the EU standard contractual clauses, a copy of which can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
Opt-in Procedure and Cookie Details
A check box is provided on the Website to opt-in to all cookies and/or to access your cookie opt-in preferences [insert Borlabs shortcode to cookie preferences].
Please click here for the latest version of all cookies in use, with details of type, name, provider, purpose, and duration of each cookie [add Borlabs shortcode for cookie list & details].
Lorepudis moloratemped quibus aborem vera volupta sitaqui nullabo. Nam laceperit inciistio maximet harum eos aut doles ullanti que et es dolorepe sita sam